Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bozeman

We spent about a week in Bozeman. The first day we arrived we went out a visited Uncle Gordie and Aunt Jo at thier place on the Madison River.  I was shocked at the site that greeted us, as I had not heard about the fire in 2012 that almost got their place. It left the house and out buildings but burned all the trees on the property.

Gordie's Land with burnt trees

Road along the Madison River
 
We spent a lot of time with Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Bob. Mostly evenings as Bob is pretty busy with his business.
 
View from Aunt Bonnie's driveway, where we parked for the week.  Thanks Uncle Bob and Aunt Bonnie.
 
 
 
 I went and visited my Grandma Rhett and am so glad I did, as she passed away just days after my visit. It was actually a blessing as during her life she was so busy and on the go all the time. The last several years must have seemed hard for her being unable to do all the things she loved.
She will be missed. Love you Grandma.
 
We took a drive up Bridger Canyon. That is where my great-great Grandparents settled when moving to Montana. It was as pretty as ever, but with a lot more houses on what used to be all ranch land.  Took a picture of the old Ham cabin.  It seems to be holding up for ever, yet I still remember 45 or so years ago my cousins and I being told not to play in it because it would fall down around our heads.
 
 
Two pictures from up Bridger Canyon.
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment