Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A quick look at Nebraska- June 26, 2013


Before bed last night we took a look at the map and decided we were so close to Nebraska we might as well add it to our list of States we visited. So, we headed east on Hwy 14 towards Sidney, Nebraska.  We arrived in Sidney only to find the entire main street being dug up and no way to get the MH through town, so much for our visit to a town in Nebraska. What we saw of Nebraska, we saw from Interstate 80 as we made our way to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
 


Jim liked the water tower made to look like a coffee pot.
 

Having no plans made for our time in Wyoming we took advantage of a Rest area just on the edge of Cheyenne and did some internet searches for National Forest and BLM lands in Wyoming.  We didn’t find any National land close by, but we did locate a City Park in Wheatland that had RV spots with electricity for FREE for three day stays.

With plans made, we sat back to watch a little TV before bed.  I love Rest areas close to large towns as we can get TV reception and usually at least spotty internet reception. As the sun set we fired up the generator and turned on some lights and that is when the fun began!  Within minutes of turning on the lights we had at least two dozen moths fluttering around our heads and the light fixtures.  Zoe thought it was great fun, I did not!  I think my estimate of two dozen is pretty close because before bed I had done away with nine of them and Jim got rid of way more than I did.

Once we had that taken care of we breathed a sigh of relief and headed for bed.  Jim didn’t take long to fall asleep but I lay there for a while worrying about fuzzy little critters crawling on me in the night. I think I was just starting to drift off when I began to hear little fluttering wings and fuzzy bodies bumping into the bedroom window.  I sat up and sure enough there were five of the creepy things in the bedroom window.  I was so tired after battling them earlier that it took me just minutes to slaughter all five of them, Jim never even wiggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment