Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Big towns and back roads of Colorado – Monday, June 24, 2013


We got up the next morning and took a walk and then after lunch a drive.  We traveled through Briggsdale, which is a one street town with a small grocery and a post office.  Then we headed on a back road to Hereford.  Hereford has a bar and a bus stop.  On the way back from Hereford we swung by Grover which turned out to be the largest of the three. Grover had a school, a post office, a park and a building which proudly boasted a grocery, restaurant, laundromat, and realty company all in one. We went into the grocery to buy something cold to drink and I spotted a good looking steak to take home for dinner.  What we saw the most of on our drive around were abandon houses and oil drilling equipment,

 






 

When we got home I decided the best way to cook the stake was on the grill so I walked outside and bent down to open the basement door and a just as I pulled it open about fifty moths came swarming out brushing against my face and hair and I of course let out a scream and started jumping around brushing them away from me. Jim came out and had quite a laugh at my antics to get away from the little buggers and kept telling me I was acting like a scared little girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment