Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Night at Coconino Forest


As we were coming home from our walk last night I mentioned to Jim that I thought wearing my boots was making my legs tired,  I had started wearing them because two nights before I had stepped on a rock that rolled under my foot and I twisted my ankle, he replied that we only had about another mile to a mile and a half left to reach the MH and I was like, “no way, we can’t have that far left to go because we are more than half way back”.  It ended up after a short debate I pulled out my cell phone, went onto the GPS and pinpointed where we were so I could check how far it was to the MH.  Guess what? We were a bit further than one and a half miles. Oh no, that means I have been walking five to six miles on our walks and didn’t even realize it. It’s no wonder I am losing some weight, especially since we have taken morning walks as well as evening walks.  With the no salt and less sweets habit I picked up at Dads and walking so many miles I should be getting healthy any time now.
 
 
Everyone seems to have dogs with them while camping and we have seen them all out walking their dogs, but this guy really caught our attention when he went by with his dog riding on top the cab of his pickup



                                            Our final sunset at Coconino National Forest.
 
                                                                                         Jim's weirdest tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment