Sunday, June 2, 2013

Monolith Garden Trail-May 26, 2013


Yesterday we didn’t do any actual hiking. We just sort of wandered around the area to check things out.  Today we plan to climb up the rock pictured below in hopes of a better look around.  There are supposed to be three or four trails around here that all tie into together.

 

We made it to the top with no problem, but I was a little nervous on the way down.  I hate heights!  After making it down we took a walk around to the backside and discovered a birds nest high up in one of the notches of the rocks and Jim got a picture of a really strange plant.



  All in all we didn’t spend too much time outside. Tomorrow we plan to get an earlier start. By about noon it’s getting to hot for us Oregonians.

For the remainder of the day Jim worked on downloading and fine tuning the pictures we have taken so far and I worked on catching up on our journal.  I also finally got around to starting a blog and even began posting the journal and pictures.
 

 
Looks like we will have some company tonight, a couple arrived about an hour ago in their 5th wheel and now I see them moving their rig further back from the highway.  During the day we can hear the highway traffic but our first night here once I fell asleep it didn’t bother me a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment